The mission of the Pennsylvania Council of the Blind is to advocate on behalf of all people with vision loss. Therefore, the Advocacy & Governmental Affairs Committee (AGAC) is an integral element of the organization.
AGAC responsibilities include:
- Directing the organization’s advocacy efforts
- Determining advocacy strategies
- Preparing advocacy related materials and presentations for publication
- Taking direct action on advocacy issues by developing organizational position statements, corresponding with officials and stakeholders, and when appropriate, directing organization wide responses
- Preparing and delivering a “State of Advocacy” report to the convention
- Producing TAG “Talking Advocacy and Government” program.
To demonstrate our commitment to advocacy and assure quick access to the latest information on current issues of interest to people with vision loss, throughout this web site you will notice the Spotlight on Advocacy. This section which visually appears on the right column of every page is accessible via heading navigation using a screen reader. It consists of the most current posts from the Advocacy & Governmental Affairs Committee.
the Advocate’s Toolbox
As a resource To help members and others become effective advocate’s, we suggest the following resources: